Snapchat has become a very popular application in today's era. Today you will get this application in one out of every 3 mobiles. But like every social media, there is a risk of data leak in this app too. Or you also feel that your data is being leaked through this application. So you can deactivate your account. How to deactivate Snapchat account? Today we will give you an idea about this. After that, not only your account temporary will be deleted. Rather, I will also give you the idea of deleting it permanently.
Every social media claims to keep the data of its users secure. But many times such cases or news are heard that the data of millions of people has been leaked by social media. According to some networks, Snapchat also leaks the data of its users. And the best idea to keep your online personal data secure is not to store it on Snapchat or other social media.
Are you also a Snapchat user? And have you ever felt that your photo or video lying in Snapchat is being leaked? Or your Personal data from your Snapchat account is being sold or used elsewhere without your permission. So you should permanently delete your Snapchat right now.
If you don't know about it. So Don't worry about how to deactivate Snapchat account? Below I will give full help regarding this. Also, along with your Pc or laptop, how can you delete your Snapchat account on your Smartphone itself? I will also tell the method of this. So let's know-
- 1 How to deactivate Snapchat account? Temprory & Permanent
- 2 What should we do before deleting the Snapchat account?
- 3 How to deactivate Snapchat in smartphones? Simple way
- 4 What does Snapchat do after leaking our data? Need to Know
How to deactivate Snapchat account? Temprory & Permanent
Like other social media, Snapchat also provides the feature of deactivating or deleting the account. With the help of which you can delete your Snapchat account. Once your account becomes permanently deactivated. So you can never open that account again in future.
Don't Forget to Read This-
Because once your account is completely deactivated permanently, your account is removed from Snapchat. We will tell you more about all these below. First of all, we are know that how to deactivate Snapchat account?
Method for Deactivate Snapchat account.
1. First of all, open a browser on your computer or laptop. And search for Snapchat login in it.
2. To be entered on its official page which is accounts.snapchat.com.
3. Then select your country's Telephone Code and log in by entering OTP with your Snapchat account number.
4. After login There you will see the Delete My Account option. Click on it.
5. After that confirm by re-entering the username and password. Then click on Continue.
In this way, you can deactivate any of your Snapchat accounts.
What should we do before deleting the Snapchat account?
According to the method above, you can permanently delete your Snapchat account. But before that, we would suggest you read the below-mentioned points carefully before deactivating your Snapchat account completely. So that you do not regret deactivating the account.
- First of all, make a backup of your Snapchat account and store it. So that after deleting the Snapchat account, your backup will be with you.
- Any other social media or other applications that are connected through Snapchat. Remove those apps from Snapchat.
- Wherever you must have logged in through Snapchat Account. There you create a new account. Because as soon as you delete the Snapchat account, your account logged in from Snapchat will be removed from all those places.
How to deactivate Snapchat in smartphones? Simple way
Above which you have seen the steps to deactivate Snapchat account. Through that, you can delete your Snapaccount account on your computer or laptop. But if you are a Smartphone User. And you want to delete your Snapchat account through your mobile.
So for this, you have to follow the steps given below. This step is for Smartphone users. You have been provided with the step as well as the image. That is why if you do not understand any points, then you can take the help of images.
1. First of all open the Snapchat App on your mobile. And if you do not already have an account login, then log in.
2. After that click on your profile.
3. There you will see a setting ⚙️ icon in the top right corner. Click on it.
4. After that slide down a bit. There you will get the I need help option. You have to enter it.
5. There you have to search delete. After that the option of Delete my account will come. Click on it.
5. After that Go then you will get a text of the account portal. As given in the image below. Click on it.
10. After that you will be asked to enter the password. So there you enter the password and click on Continue.
How to deactivate Snapchat account permanently?
Whenever we deactivate or delete Snapchat or any social media account. So that instant is not permanent delete. Those people do not provide its option only. Because let's assume that a user deletes his account. And he wants to open it the next day.
So in such a situation, after deleting Permanently, the account will be deleted forever. And that user will not be able to access his account again even if he wants to. So after deactivating Snapchat or any social media, it takes some time. To be a complete permanent delete.
Similarly when you deactivate Snapchat account. So it is temporary delete. After that, if you do not log in to your account within 30 days of deactivating. So after 30 days, it gets permanently deleted. After that, you will not be able to access your account even if you want.
If after deactivating the Snapchat account temporarily, you want to access it again by opening the account. So you just have to log in within 30 days. After that, your account will not be closed. This is called Temporary deactivate.
What does Snapchat do after leaking our data? Need to Know
Many of our brothers and sisters will not know much about the data leak. Because they have nothing to do with it. Those people must have heard about the data leak through social media only in the news.
And you must be thinking that what will these people do after leaking our data? Do some people even think that what will it do by leaking our data? Or how does our data leak from Snapchat?
Your personal data matters a lot in the world of the online internet. Because today half of the world is online. From filling forms to communicating with each other, we do everything online.
On 24th May 2019, Snapchat revealed that it has an internal app called Snaplion. Whose work was created to access Snapchat's personal data?
Snapchat or other social media leak our personal data and sell it to other companies. In return, they get a hefty amount. By which those companies know about our likes and dislikes. And show us the same type of product on the Internet. The ones we like.
These people also use for their ad targeting by leaking most of the data. Due to which they have chances of getting a good conversion rate. Apart from this, these people also sell your data to hackers. By which hackers come to know about your privacy. Because of which they are easily entered into your computer or smartphone without your permission. And what do those people do after that? We don't need to tell you this.
Till now How to deactivate Snapchat account? You must have been fully aware of this. Now you will be able to deactivate any Snapchat account anytime with its help. Hopefully, you have become aware of surface data leak along with deleting Snapchat account. Leaking our personal data is a crime in the eyes of the government. If you want, you can also file a Complaint file instead.
We hope you liked this entire article. If you are having a problem in processing any point. So you can tell us by commenting. And if you liked this article, then don't forget to share it on your social media. So that if someone how to deactivate Snapchat account? Need Idea about. So through this article, they can easily know.